The SilverScreen fabric for roller blinds is a great innovation in solar
heat and light control. The silver screen fabric is more highly reflective for solar radiation than common screen fabrics and reflects about 75% of the solar radiation.
What’s the SilverScreen fabric?
SilverScreen is based on a ‘common’ screen fabric with an intrinsic good view through properties.
How it made?
On this SilverScreen fabric for roller blinds, a very thin aluminium layer is put on by vacuum metalising.
- Composition: 30% Polyester, 70% PVC Aluminum backing
- Width: 2.0m. 2.5m, 3.0m
- Weave style: 2 x 2 Basket Weave
- Weight: 520g/m2
- Thickness: 0.75mm
- UV Blockage: Approximately 95%
- Color Fastness: 7 – 8 [ISO 105-B02]
- Fire Classifications: NFPA 701, NFP 92503 Specification M1, BS 5867 Part 2 Type B
- Certifications: Confidence in Textiles Oko-Tex Standard 100, ISO 14001/ISO 9001
- Environmental Benefits: Formaldehyde free
- Care & Cleaning: Fabric is anti-static and therefore dust repellant. For regular maintenance, use a soft feather duster or vacuum-clean with a soft brush on a low setting.
- Additional Certifications: ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004
Why a metal layer?
Aluminum is highly reflective for solar radiation, SilverScreen reflects about 75% of the solar radiation.
What are the features of the SilverScreen fabric for roller blinds?
SilverScreen offers an excellent combination: Glare Control, View through, and Heat Control.
• No disability glare
• No discomfort glare (or minimal)
• Limited luminance contrasts
• Light has a good color rendering
How does SilverScreen control glare?
• SilverScreen reduces light transmission strongly
• It reduces luminance contrasts in a room
• It prevents disability glare
• Diminishes discomfort glare
• Colour rendering is excellent
- Performance Indices:
- Light transmission of shading
- LT value: the light transmission of glass and shading.
- Openness factor: the amount of specular light that goes through shading. Enables view though.
- Ra (is Colour Rendering index) reflects how close the light is to daylight (Should be at least 80, but above 90 is very good.)
- When the Openness Factor is too high it will cause glare.
- When the LT value is too high it will cause glare too.
- When Ra is below 80 it will have a negative impact on well being
- Maintaining good contact with the outside world
- With less possible obstructions
- Can cause conflicts with glare control
SilverScreen fabric provides even in light colors:
• low light transmission
• good view through
• no disability glare
Heat control is a good balance of:
• Ventilation (fresh air)
SilverScreen fabric for roller blinds has a very positive effect, by
- Reducing Solar Heat Gain (g-value)
- Reducing radiation heat
- Keeping room temperature under control
- No temperature drops near windows
All in all, Compared to common screens: SilverScreen fabric reduces light transmission and heat gain, independent of the colour.