With the passage of time, even the best roller blinds suffer the consequences of the sun. The part that is most often damaged is the part of the rope or chain since they are not as prepared as the tissues to withstand ultraviolet rays. So, we’re going to tell you How To Lay The Chain And Fabrics Of Roller Blinds.
Changing the rope or chain of roller blinds, for this reason, or another may seem like a tedious but calm task, in this post we are going to show you how to put the chains of blind and how easy it is with a little patience.
In this way, you can give a second life to that blind you thought you had lost and enjoyed it like the first day.
How to lay the chain of the roller blinds?
First of all, it should be noted that the way to change the chain of the roller blinds will depend on the type of blinds: fabric roller blinds.
Changing the rope of a roller blind mechanism may be the one that gives you the most work, that’s why we are going to show you the perfect way so that it takes up as little time as possible:
- To start, we must take down the mechanism with care not to damage the fabric and always with the fabric collected to the maximum.
- We will have to remove the part of the mechanism that contains the chain, looking at how the rib of the tube and the rib of the mechanism are located (in the following image we emphasize it so you can see what it is).
- We will proceed to remove the chain, cutting it from the mechanism. We must cut through the stop that prevents the blind from continuing to rise. Remember to check the position of the second stop to put it back again.
- Hang the roller blind again and check that it continues to function in the same way.
How to lay the chain of fabric roller blind?
Changing or lay the chain of roller blinds will depend on the type of mechanism: whether it is chain or compact.
If we have a Chain Blinds Mechanism
- As in all mechanisms for fabric blinds, we must unhook the fabric from the mechanism and then remove the mechanism from the supports.
- As it is a chain mechanism, the chain will always be continuous. Unlike the previous blind, in this case, we should not cut the rope since we can easily open the mechanism cover.
- We just need to open the two lower tabs and two more that are in the back.
- Later we must place the new rope in the same position and close the lid.
- We have to look at introducing the spring that we indicate among the guide.
- We can make sure that it is well placed by raising and lowering the blind guides.
- Once verified that it is placed in the correct way, we will proceed to place the blind again in the place it was, and then the fabric.
If we have a Compact Blinds Mechanism, How to lay the chain of roller blinds?
- The first step is the same as if it were a chain mechanism, we must remove the fabric from the mechanism, and then we will proceed to unhook the mechanism from the supports.
- Then, on the part of the chain remove the three screws that are in the mechanism.
- After removing the cover, remove the rope and replace it with a new one. We will see that this can be done easily.
- Finally, reassemble everything in the same way and place the fabric and mechanism in your room.
At this point, you should no longer have a problem to lay the chain of the roller blinds, but if you still have any doubts, don’t forget that you can tell us in the comments or on our social networks. We will be delighted to answer you!
As always, we remind you that on our website you can find all kinds of mechanisms for blinds.