One of the disadvantages of blinds is that they usually require drilling holes in the wall to install them. Is it possible to enjoy these products without drilling holes? In this post we will show you how to hang blinds without drilling holes.
Before you start hanging the blinds, you should first know that there are different types of brackets that can be used to fix the blinds without having to drill holes:
Adhesive Fasteners: These are two pieces that can be attached to the window frame. They are very easy to use and very economical, allowing the blinds to be hung with minimal effort. They are also characterized by the fact that they can be used on surfaces such as tiles or glass.
Adjustable Hooks: These are especially recommended for surfaces where adhesive is not effective or can damage the surface. One of their great advantages is that they can carry up to 10 kilos and are very discreet. They are hung on the upper part of the door or window sash.
Depending on the type of fastening system you use, the blinds will be attached in a specific way. Below we show you how to hang blinds without drilling with these adhesive fasteners.
1. Clean the surface of the frame with alcohol: when you have done this, you need to mark the position where the bracket should be placed on the blind. Once you are sure of the position and the blind is always centered in the window opening, you can mark it.
2. Fix the adhesive supports: for this you need to remove the protective paper and fix it in the place marked on the window frame.
3. Assemble the blind: start with the chain side first. Check that the chain is in the correct position to allow the blind to go up and down.
In this case it is important that you apply enough pressure when attaching the blind so that the blind sticks and does not fall out in the future. To give you an idea, you need to press hard for about 30 seconds for the tape to stick to the surface.
It is also recommended to wait an hour after installing the brackets before installing the blinds. This way the glue hardens as much as possible and prevents the blinds from falling due to unstable installation.
However, if the surface of your window does not allow self-adhesive mounts, as they are not effective or will damage the surface, it is best to use the adjustable hooks. Their installation is easy and simple, and you only need an Allen key to install them.
It is important to know that the adjustable hooks can hold up to 10kg of weight, making them very durable. Below we will show you step by step how to hang blinds with adjustable hooks:
1. Attach the couplers to the brackets: using the screws provided, place the square nut on the back and tighten the screw with a screwdriver.
2. Repeat the process: You will need two adjustable hooks to attach the blind. So, when you’re done with one, attach it to the top of the window and repeat the process with the second hook.
3. Install the hooks: It is best to use the Allen key, but do not fully tighten.
4. Assemble the blind: you must fix it in the hooks and once you have centered it, readjust these fixing systems so that now it no longer allows any displacement.
Both adhesive mounts and adjustable hooks are ideal for any type of blind. However, it is true that depending on the option chosen, it is better to use one or the other fastening system.
Roller blinds: it is best to use adhesive backings as they will stick to the frame and allow for their use.
Pleated blinds and venetian blinds: The use of adjustable hooks is ideal, as they adapt to the frame and offer more security when opening the window.
Here are some tips that can help you hang blinds without drilling:
Wooden frame: You need to clean the surface well and dry it well before sticking the adhesive sheet.
Installation on glass: You must also clean the surface well, but in this case, you should be aware that the fixation will not last as long. This is because UV rays can reduce its adhesion; they also prevent the full incidence of light.
In short, if you don’t want to drill holes in your wall but still want to enjoy all the benefits of blinds, don’t worry; nowadays there are various options that allow you to enjoy these products without drilling holes. What are you waiting for?